Sunday, August 3, 2008

The sun and the ice sculptures in Ginza


Man, today was a hot day... I went to watch the Dark Knight today at Roppongi Hills (六本木ヒルズ) and made a stop-over at Ginza around noon. It was very humid and hot which is pretty common these days but there was something unexpected - a series of ice sculptures set up in the middle of the street (which is closed for traffic these days). I mean come on, I was feeling like I myself was melting. Thankfully the sculptures had a little help from thin blocks of dry ice put on and around them but I think you can see the water dripping even in this picture. I have no idea how long the sculptures kept up but it couldn't have been very long. Pretty lucky of me to have caught them just around the time they were put up...


On a not-so-related note, The Dark Knight, is a very good, if a tad long, movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit and I think the number of "foreigners" at Roppongi Hills Toho Theater was the highest so far.

1 comment:

Betty said...

That's amazing, you can literally see the water droplets in mid-air. Quite an amazing camera!