Sunday, June 15, 2008

New Miyazaki movie - "Ponio on a Cliff" (崖の上のポニョ)

I saw the trailer for the new Miyazaki /Studio Ghibli スタジオジブリ animation today at the movie theatre (in fact this is the second time I see it at Roppongi). It looks like it will be great though I don't know if it is possible to match some of the amazing previous work by Miyazaki like Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, or Howl's Moving Castle. I will definitely watch it and I hope my Japanese will be enough to at least understand the main idea. I can usually watch movies on TV and get the gist of them but it would of course be great if they somehow add English subtitles - at least at a place like Roppongi where lots of "foreigners" come to watch movies. It looks like they have not released the trailer online but I found the song they are using for the title (and the trailer) accompanied by stills from the movie and some of the sketches. I am finding it extremely hard to get out of my head :P


No comments: