Sunday, June 8, 2008

Knife attack in Akihabara (秋葉原)

It looks like a crazed 25-year old drove his truck into pedestrians walking on the road at Akihabara today (on Sundays the place is closed to traffic so people can freely go around and shop as well as perform on the street wearing outfits reminiscent of anime). The guy did not stop there and proceeded to attack people who got close with his knife. Slightly less than 20 people were injured with I think 7 casualties so far. Given that I like Akihabara quite a bit, visit there once a few weeks, and was there yesterday this is extra scary. I am not sure what was his problem but I know, for the police, it must be very difficult to be prepared for something like this. This won't stop me from visiting the place or anything but... scary...

No comments: