Monday, February 4, 2008

I got a new video camera!


I am back from the airport and starting tomorrow I will get back to trying to pick up where I left off with the blogging. Meanwhile, I wanted to drop a quick line and tell you about my new video camera - well, it's just awesome (if I might say so myself ;)). This tiny little camera by Panasonic (HDC-SD9) is capable of recording in full High Definition and to top it off it records it onto a memory card which is why it is so small and light (a mere 250 grams without the battery and 325 with). So far my only problem with it has been trying to downgrade the video so it can fit on a CD and can be played at my parents house without HD hardware. The recording is basically Blu-Ray based and the camera can record the movies directly onto a DVD, albeit using the Blu-Ray format so you need either a Blu-Ray player or a Blu-Ray capable computer to view it. It will not be out in the US for another couple of months so I guess this is one of the perks of living in Japan ;)

No comments: