Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Tempozan Harbor Village (天保山ハーバービレッジ)


The Tempozan Village, which is where my hotel was (Hotel Seagull - decent but nothing special), is home to one of the biggest aquariums and ferris wheels in Japan. The aquarium attracts lots of visitors from all around Japan as well as quite a few international visitors. The ferris wheel, which at some point was the biggest in the world, stands close to both the aquarium and a series of shops/stores. Apparently, though this escaped me while I was in Osaka, the colors on the ferris wheel change based on the weather forecast similar to the building in Pittsburgh's downtown (I can't remember the building's name right now). It was way too windy (and high :P) for me to try the ferris wheel unfortunately.The village is right by the Osaka Chuo subway line, Osaka-ko (大阪港) stop and it has quite a few restaurants.

No comments: