Saturday, October 27, 2007

Roppongi (六本木)



I went to Roppongi (六本木) today with my father to see Roppongi Hills and Tokyo Midtown. Both were very impressive buildings. Well, they are more than "buildings" but anyway... The weather was awful. It wasn't just raining but the wind was crazy. Tokyo Midtown was hands down the most international place I have been to in Tokyo. Not only the stores had a clear international "aura" about them but also there were quite a few foreigners. I spent a few minutes talking to someone from London who was in Tokyo with his family on vacation. I initially thought he was an American because he had a Red Sox tshirt on. I took some pictures from the top of Roppongi Hills which I think is called "Tokyo View". As it was pretty cloudy the view wasn't that clear but it was still nice.

Of course the whole trip (which takes about half an hour or so from Kichijoji (吉祥寺)) wasn't without a hitch. Twice during the trip I had to change trains because either the train decided to not keep on the same line or in one case start going back.

One of the favorite parts of the trip for me was me finally getting to use my Suica-d phone to pay for trains, the bus and even for the loaf of bread I bought on the way back at the station. I will try to write more about the phone during the week though since I won't have anything to write other than what I do at work and let's face it, it is not that exciting so far.

No comments: