Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Certificate of Alien Registration

Got my Alien id today - after the USA, it's nice to be in another country that calls me an alien :P Anyone staying here for more than 30 days (and above a certain age) is required to apply for one of these at their respective city halls. Thank God I can walk to mine since you need two trips to get one of these - first to apply for it and a few weeks after that, to actually get it. As a 外国人 (foreigner), you need one of these things to open a bank account or when you try to get a cellphone in your name. Since the process takes time though you can get a piece of paper that says the document is pending and the bank (and the cellphone company) are happy.

No comments: